Mike Pepler organized a fantastic camping weekend for the Ashden team at his woodland near Rye. Along with the chance to test out some of our winners' solar products, explore the woods, eat a tasty vegetable curry and tell some very questionable jokes around the campfire, the weekend included a zip line, air rifle shooting, and chain sawing for those of us who always fancied themselves a lumberjack.
Here’s a summary of what the Ashden team learned:
- A zip line definitely needs a break system (see video)
- Air rifles, despite their misleading name, are actually very heavy
- It takes eight people to fit a huge airbed into a two-man tent: two to manoeuvre it in, and six to watch and document the ordeal
- You can open a wine bottle with just a shoe and a tree (see video)
- Clean cookstoves are much nicer to cook on than an open fire
- Despite what some people say, halloumi and marshmallows should not be eaten together (neither should beans and chocolate)
Thanks for an awesome weekend Mike!