Why apply for an Ashden Award?
- Award of up to £20,000
- National and international media exposure
- Tailored support to develop your work even further
- Media materials to help you tell your story
What we're looking for
In 2019 we will be awarding work that fits into the following categories and also meets the key criteria listed below. When completing your application please indicate the specific category/categories you feel are most relevant to your work. We will consider your application in categories other than the ones you have indicated if we feel they fit your work more closely.
- Sustainable Cities and Buildings: Organisations working in the built environment to rapidly decarbonise urban buildings and districts, including retrofitting existing buildings, as well as the design and construction of new buildings
- Sustainable Mobility: Innovative enterprises or programmes that are improving access to sustainable transport and mobility services for those who currently have inadequate access, and having a measurable impact on greenhouse gas emissions, air pollution or congestion
- Powering Business: We are looking for enterprises or programmes providing and/or using sustainable energy or energy efficiency in the provision of goods and services to produce income or value (productive uses)
- Clean Cooking: We are seeking organisations accelerating the uptake of cleaner and more efficient cooking solutions which reduce indoor air pollution, improve health and protect the environment
- Sustainable Energy & Healthcare: We are looking for organisations providing and/or using sustainable forms of energy to support the provision of healthcare services, including solutions for mobile, emergency and humanitarian contexts, cold-chain and other eco-system needs
- Cooling for People: We are looking for organisations that are delivering work that alleviates heat stress for those spending time outdoors in hot climates, whether for work or while travelling
- Financial or Business Model Innovation: We are looking for organisations or programmes improving access to energy through innovations in financial mechanisms and business models
Deadline is 6 November 2018 at 11.59pm GMT.