- Prize money of £10,000 per Award
- National media exposure
- Access to new networks and investors
- Tailored support to help you expand your work
What are we looking for?
We are focusing on work to reduce and manage demand for energy. In particular, we’re looking for pioneering enterprises and programmes that are demonstrating achievement in any of the following areas:
- Sustainable buildings: working on new low energy-use buildings or reducing energy use in existing buildings, including homes, commercial and public sectors
- Energy innovation: innovative technologies, products or services for sustainable energy that are on the market, have the potential to scale up and result in significant CO2 savings, for example by reducing energy consumption or increasing renewable energy generation
- Sustainable transport in towns and cities: innovative ways to reduce pollution in urban areas by making transport more sustainable, while providing social and economic benefits to local residents and businesses
- Smart energy: products or services such as energy storage, demand response or making the grid ‘smarter’ that are reducing overall grid CO2 emissions or enabling increased integration of renewable energy into the grid
From attending the Ashden award events in 2011 and hoping for eligibility to applying in 2016 and meeting the astute judging panel, preparing for the presentation with the other winners, to the distinguished guests on the night, it’s been a great journey.
Agamemnon Otero, CEO, Repowering London, 2016 Award Winner