- Prize money of £10,000 per Award
- National media exposure
- Access to new networks and investors
- Tailored support to help you expand your work
What are we looking for?
We are focusing on work to reduce and manage demand for energy. In particular, we’re looking for pioneering enterprises and programmes that are demonstrating achievement in any of the following areas:
- Sustainable buildings: Applicants will have worked on either new buildings with energy use significantly lower than that legally required, or on reducing energy use in existing buildings. Applications are welcome from architects, building engineers, developers and also businesses supplying products or services to reduce energy use in buildings.
- Energy innovation: We would like to receive applications from businesses that have developed innovative technologies, products or services for sustainable energy. These must be on the market, have the potential to scale up and result in significant CO2 savings, for example by reducing energy consumption, increasing renewable energy generation, storing energy or providing smart grid services.
- Clean air in towns and cities: We would like to receive applications from UK-based organisations, projects or programmes that have found innovative ways to reduce air pollution in urban areas by making transport more sustainable, while providing social and economic benefits to local residents and businesses.
- Energy market disruption: Applicants will be using innovative technology or business models in energy markets (the marketing, sale and/or supply of energy), that will encourage or create the conditions for decarbonisation of the UK energy system. Applicants may operate within or outside the wholesale market and may service either homes or businesses.
From attending the Ashden award events in 2011 and hoping for eligibility to applying in 2016 and meeting the astute judging panel, preparing for the presentation with the other winners, to the distinguished guests on the night, it’s been a great journey.
Agamemnon Otero, CEO, Repowering London, 2016 Award Winner