Strategy and mission
Ashden is looking to recruit a full-time Intern to support our Awards Team. This is a full time, 5-week placement and will be based at our office in central London.
The Intern will play an important role in researching cutting-edge developments in the sustainable energy sector and uncovering outstanding organisations eligible to apply for the 2020 Awards. This research will contribute to Ashden’s goal of finding, rewarding and promoting the very best in sustainable energy innovation.
This is a great opportunity for someone interested in deepening their knowledge of clean energy technologies and business models across the UK, Africa, Asia and Central/South America, and understanding how these contribute to low carbon development and progress against the Sustainable Development Goals.
Position in organisation
As part of the ‘Programmes Team’, this role will report to the Awards Programme Manager. You will work within a small and dynamic team to support with a range of tasks relating to the call for entries for the 2020 Ashden Awards. There will be opportunities to work collaboratively across Ashden more broadly, for example with the Communications team.
Skills and experience
The successful candidate will have a passion for sustainable development – tackling climate change and making lives better, as well as the motivation and skills to structure a research project, distil key information and feed back to the team.
• Strong research and analysis skills. This includes the ability to plan and structure a research project and produce key outcomes.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, comfortable making international phone calls.
• A positive attitude, ability to learn quickly and show initiative.
• An interest in, and good understanding of, issues relating to clean energy, international development and the environment.
• A degree or other qualification (in progress or completed) in a relevant subject area.
• Language skills.
• Work experience in a relevant area.
Tasks and responsibilities
Help us find the winners of tomorrow
• Carry out desk research to identify organisations that are eligible to apply for the 2020 Ashden Awards. This will involve looking at key websites, publications and social media to identify organisations doing innovative, impactful work in the sustainable energy sector in developing world.
• Document research findings using Excel and provide regular research updates to the Awards Team, including explaining relevant details of different organisations’ work and how they fit into the wider sustainable energy/energy access sector.
• Support the Awards Team in inviting relevant organisations to apply by phone and email.
• Carry out tasks for the wider Ashden team, as needed.
Terms and conditions
Ashden aims to be a progressive and considerate employer and assist employees to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
• We are looking for someone available to start immediately (some flexibility).
• Contract: Full time, 5 days a week.
• Remuneration: London Living Wage.
• Location: Ashden’s offices in London Victoria which are fully accessible.
• Hours: 35 hours per week with some flexibility. This is a 5-week placement.
If you would like to apply for this role please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates will be assessed immediately as we would like to recruit as soon as possible.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com