Communications Team Intern, February to July 2017 (paid internship, standard minimum wage)
PR and Digital Media Manager
To support the Communications Team with a range of tasks in the run up to 2017 Awards Week. To be flexible in carrying out tasks for the wider Ashden team.
- Carry out desk research to identify organisations and individuals who are likely to be interested in attending Ashden events in 2017.
- Working with the programme teams to identify sectors that we need to target for scheduled events and conferences, ie: sustainable buildings, clean air
- Enter new contacts into the Ashden database ensuring that they are tagged correctly and update existing contacts.
- Assist the communications team with preparing for Ashden events, for example the Ashden Annual Talk and the Ashden Awards Ceremony.
- Help collate material for the Ashden Awards shortlist and winners, including photos, quotes, stats etc. This may involve international phone calls so a confident telephone manner is essential.
- Help keep the Ashden website updated including drafting of fresh content
- We are also looking for help with building our social media presence, in particular Instagram, and may ask for help with writing and designing content that is suitable for dissemination via our social media channels, building targeted lists etc
Awards Week (12-16 June)
- Support the communications team with activity relating to the International Conference, the Awards Ceremony and media activity associated with our 2017 Award winners.
- Good organisational/administrative skills.
- Good understanding of Excel, Word and databases.
- Good understanding of social media channels
- A positive attitude, ability to learn quickly and show initiative.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- An interest in, and good understanding of, issues relating to clean energy, international development and the environment.
- Experience of writing for communications, ie: blogs, articles
- A degree or other qualification (in progress or completed) in a relevant subject area.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering email explaining why you're interested in the role and in working with Ashden, together with details of any relevant work experience, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 25 January 2017
Interview date: Week of 30 January 2017
We also accept speculative CVs for our intern programme throughout the year. It may be up to three months before a position becomes available.
If you'd like to come and work for Ashden for three months, either in the UK, International or Communications teams, send your CV and a covering email explaining why you're interested in Ashden's work, your work experience and your understanding of sustainable energy's role in the world.
All internships are based in London Victoria and are paid London minimum wage.
Send your CV and covering email to email@example.com.