PR/Digital Media Manager
Do you have a keen interest in environmental and development issues? Are you an experienced, professional communicator and strategic thinker? We are seeking someone with the skills and enthusiasm to maintain and grow the scope and impact of our PR and digital communications. This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in promoting the success stories of our winners and the brilliant ways they are getting sustainable energy to those who need it most. We are looking for someone with the knowledge and creativity to raise awareness of our winners and the enthusiasm and skills to build Ashden’s position as an advocate for sustainable energy.
- Solid PR experience; experience of pitching to journalists and running a PR campaign.
- Substantial digital media experience and expertise.
- Excellent communication skills; proven track record of writing for both print and online media for a range of audiences.
- Creative, strategic thinker.
- Able to multitask and prioritise work schedule.
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Highly motivated.
- Ability to build rapport with a wide range of people.
- Ability to work independently within established parameters.
- Willingness to take direction from senior management and collaborate on decision-making.
- A passion for and experience in the environment/sustainable energy/development sectors and the surrounding politics and policies is highly desirable.
Deadline for applications: 5pm, Thursday, 9th April 2015. First interviews will be held on Monday, 20th April
To apply, please send your CV with a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary: £39,000–44,000 pa full time
We are seeking a highly-organised administrative expert with an interest in environmental and development issues and the right skills and experience to manage the administration for our well-respected sustainable energy awards. This is a vital role at the heart of our team and offers a range of tasks from making international travel arrangements to coordinating information storage and everything in between.
- Solid experience of managing and administering busy projects/programmes
- Excellent IT skills and experience of using information management software
- Clear written and verbal communication
- Proven time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Thorough proof-reading skills and a meticulous approach
- An ability to take responsibility for decisions and to find solutions to problems
- Equally comfortable taking on demanding or more routine tasks
- Occasional flexibility regarding working hours
- Some knowledge, experience and interest in the environment or development sectors would be an advantage
- French or Spanish would be desirable but not essential
Based in our modern offices right next to Victoria Station we offer a range of benefits including an excellent pension scheme and optional private health cover.
Deadline for applications: 5pm, Tuesday, 7th April 2015. Interviews will be held on Thursday, 16th April
To apply, please send your CV with a covering letter to: email@example.com
Salary: £28,000–£32,000 according to experience
Full time, permanent
Paid internship opportunity
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, highly organised intern for three months starting immediately to support the Awards Coordinator and wider team with a range of tasks relating to the 2015 Ashden Awards and 2015 Ashden School Awards. The ideal candidate will need to be flexible in carrying out tasks for the wider Ashden team, as needed. Please see the job description for more details.