Ashden is looking to recruit a paid intern to work for about two months on our call for entries for the 2015 UK and Sustainable Travel Ashden Awards. The work involves using the internet and our contact list to research potential applicants in key areas of interest for the 2015 Ashden Awards, reviewing potential applicants with the award programme managers, and then contacting selected organisations to encourage them to apply for an Ashden Award.
- The period of work is from the start of September until early November.
- You will be based at Ashden’s office near Victoria Station in London, though home working for a portion of each week is possible.
- You will work 14-35 hours per week, with the workload being highest towards the start and end of the period, with a rate of pay of £6.50 per hour.
- Degree in a subject which gives some understanding of energy production and use, such as science, engineering, environment, geography, or other relevant subjects.
- Competent using email, internet, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Confident making phone calls and able to write clearly and accurately.
Any specific experience in the energy sector, whether renewables, fossil fuels, efficiency or behaviour change.
- Any experience in the sustainable travel sector, such as the planning or operation of car sharing, cycle schemes, travel planning, public transport, etc.
- Use of Microsoft Sharepoint.
We are looking for someone to start immediately, so applications will be reviewed on a first come, first served basis, and interviews will be held as soon as possible.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com