Last year South Farnborough Infants followed our LESS CO2 programme. This year they're going even further
South Farnborough Infant School took part in last year’s South East LESS CO2 programme, which was designed to kick-start schools on a journey to reduce their CO2 emissions.
The school has just written to us, now that the LESS CO2 programme is over, with their to-do list for the coming year.
We thought it was well worth sharing:
- Keep embedding sustainability into the curriculum – so far we've had great feedback from Year 1’s. Next we want to make a shared year group Green Board, and Green Summit to celebrate work by each year group.
- Keep loaning energy monitors to parents. This has been a success - one winning family made a massive 32% energy saving in the second week of the loan and were rewarded with a top-of-the-range brand new monitor.
- Install sun tubes in corridors by Easter 2011. We’ve already spent £7,000 this year so far on eco improvements to the building, including eco lighting in the main corridors.
- Get together with our feeder schools to bring sustainability into the forefront of the South Farnborough schools staff, children and parents' minds, and look at sustainable procurement possibilities.
- Make the most out of our monitoring by installing an Energy Display Meter and using the data in our curriculum.
This year we are heading down to the South West to roll out the LESS CO2 programme with 15 schools in Devon and Cornwall.