History, philosophy and strategy
3 days per week, January to March 2018
LESS CO2 is Ashden’s schools energy reduction programme. Through it we engage pupils, teachers and whole school communities to integrate sustainability into everything they do. So far we’ve worked with over 260 schools and we have ambitions to work with a lot more across the UK.
We’re looking for someone to help us unearth some great case studies that will tell the story of how becoming more sustainable can transform schools and their communities.
This is a great opportunity for you to put your research skills to good use and gain valuable experience. Our interns become part of the team and get to enjoy the benefits of working at the UK’s leading sustainable energy charity.
You will use your excellent research skills to find case studies that illustrate how schools have successfully implemented changes to make them more sustainable. We would expect you to carry out the research online, by email and by phone.
Once you have done the research you will produce a set of case studies that we can use as part of our school programme materials. We will use them to help share best practice with schools as well as stakeholders in the school energy management sector.
Schools programme support
We may also ask you to carry out other research or written tasks relating to the schools programme.
Your skills and experience
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Good organisational/administrative skills.
· Good understanding of Excel, Word and databases.
· A positive attitude, ability to learn quickly and show initiative.
· An interest in, and good understanding of, issues relating to clean energy and schools.
· Experience of writing reports.
· A degree or other qualification (in progress or completed) in a relevant subject area.
We are paying the London living wage for this position. If you are interested, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date 22 Jan. Interviews 29 Jan.